Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
1. Izaa waqa’atil waaqi’ah
2. Laisa liwaq’atihaa kaazibah
3. Khafidatur raafi’ah
4. Izaa rujjatil ardu rajjaa
5. Wa bussatil jibaalu bassaa
6. Fakaanat habaaa’am mumbassaa
7. Wa kuntum azwaajan salaasah
8. Fa as haabul maimanati maaa as haabul maimanah
9. Wa as haabul mash’amati maaa as haabul mash’amah
10. Wassaabiqoonas saabiqoon
11. Ulaaa’ikal muqarraboon
12. Fee Jannaatin Na’eem
13. Sullatum minal awwaleen
14. Wa qaleelum minal aa khireen
15. ‘Alaa sururim mawdoonah
16. Muttaki’eena ‘alaihaa mutaqabileen
17. Yatoofu ‘alaihim wildaa num mukhalladoon
18. Bi akwaabinw wa abaareeq, wa kaasim mim ma’een
19. Laa yusadda’oona ‘anhaa wa laa yunzifoon
20. Wa faakihatim mimmaa yatakhaiyaroon
21. Wa lahmi tairim mimmaa yashtahoon
22. Wa hoorun’een
23. Ka amsaalil lu’lu’il maknoon
24. Jazaaa’am bimaa kaanoo ya’maloon
25. Laa yasma’oona feehaa laghwanw wa laa taaseemaa
26. Illaa qeelan salaaman salaamaa
27. Wa as haabul yameeni maaa as haabul Yameen
28. Fee sidrim makhdood
29. Wa talhim mandood
30. Wa zillim mamdood
31. Wa maaa’im maskoob
32. Wa faakihatin kaseerah
33. Laa maqtoo’atinw wa laa mamnoo’ah
34. Wa furushim marfoo’ah
35. Innaaa anshaanaahunna inshaaa’aa
36. Faja’alnaahunna abkaaraa
37. ‘Uruban atraabaa
38. Li as haabil yameen
39. Sullatum minal awwa leen
40. Wa sullatum minal aakhireen
41. Wa as haabush shimaali maaa as haabush shimaal
42. Fee samoominw wa hameem
43. Wa zillim miny yahmoom
44. Laa baaridinw wa laa kareem
45. Innahum kaanoo qabla zaalika mutrafeen
46. Wa kaanoo yusirroona ‘alal hinsil ‘azeem
47. Wa kaanoo yaqooloona a’izaa mitnaa wa kunnaa turaabanw wa izaaman’ainnaa lamab’oosoon
48. Awa aabaaa’unal awwaloon
49. Qul innal awwaleena wal aakhireen
50. Lamajmoo’oona ilaa meeqaati yawmim ma’loom
51. summa innakum ayyuhad daaalloonal mukazziboon
52. La aakiloona min shaja rim min zaqqoom
53. Famaali’oona minhal butoon
54. Fashaariboona ‘alaihi minal hameem
55. Fashaariboona shurbal heem
56. Haazaa nuzuluhum yawmad deen
57. Nahnu khalaqnaakum falaw laa tusaddiqoon
58. Afara’aytum maa tumnoon
59. ‘A-antum takhluqoo nahooo am nahnul khaaliqoon
60. Nahnu qaddarnaa baina kumul mawta wa maa nahnu bimasbooqeen
61. ‘Alaaa an nubaddila amsaalakum wa nunshi’akum fee maa laa ta’lamoon
62. Wa laqad ‘alimtumun nash atal oolaa falaw laa tazakkaroon
63. Afara’aytum maa tahrusoon
64. ‘A-antum tazra’oonahooo am nahnuz zaari’ooon
65. Law nashaaa’u laja’al naahu hutaaman fazaltum tafakkahoon
66. Innaa lamughramoon
67. Bal nahnu mahroomoon
68. Afara’aytumul maaa’allazee tashraboon
69. ‘A-antum anzaltumoohu minal muzni am nahnul munziloon
70. Law nashaaa’u ja’alnaahu ujaajan falaw laa tashkuroon
71. Afara’aytumun naaral latee tooroon
72. ‘A-antum anshaatum shajaratahaaa am nahnul munshi’oon
73. Nahnu ja’alnaahaa tazkira tanw wa mataa’al lilmuqween
74. Fasabbih bismi Rabbikal ‘azeem
75. Falaa uqsimu bimaawaa qi’innujoom
76. Wa innahoo laqasamul lawta’lamoona’azeem
77. Innahoo la quraanun kareem
78. Fee kitaabim maknoon
79. Laa yamassuhooo illal mutahharoon
80. Tanzeelum mir Rabbil’aalameen
81. Afabihaazal hadeesi antum mudhinoon
82. Wa taj’aloona rizqakum annakum tukazziboon
83. Falaw laaa izaa balaghatil hulqoom
84. Wa antum heena’izin tanzuroon
85. Wa nahnu aqrabu ilaihi minkum wa laakil laa tubsiroon
86. Falaw laaa in kuntum ghaira madeeneen
87. Tarji’oonahaaa in kuntum saadiqeen
88. Fa ammaaa in kaana minal muqarrabeen
89. Farawhunw wa raihaa nunw wa jannatu na’eem
90. Wa ammaaa in kaana min as haabil yameen
91. Fasalaamul laka min as haabil yameen
92. Wa ammaaa in kaana minal mukazzibeenad daaalleen
93. Fanuzulum min hameem
94. Wa tasliyatu jaheem
95. Inna haaza lahuwa haqqul yaqeen
96. Fasabbih bismi rabbikal ‘azeem
Surah Al-Waqiah Video
Surah Waqiah English Translation
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. When the Event inevitable cometh to pass,
2. Then will no (soul) entertain falsehood concerning its coming.
3. (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;
4. When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,
5. And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,
6. Becoming dust scattered abroad,
7. And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.
8. Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
9. And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?
10. And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the Hereafter).
11. These will be those Nearest to Allah:
12. In Gardens of Bliss:
13. A number of people from those of old,
14. And a few from those of later times.
15. (They will be) on Thrones encrusted (with gold and precious stones),
16. Reclining on them, facing each other.
17. Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness),
18. With goblets, (shining) beakers, and cups (filled) out of clear-flowing fountains:
19. No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication:
20. And with fruits, any that they may select:
21. And the flesh of fowls, any that they may desire.
22. And (there will be) Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes,-
23. Like unto Pearls well-guarded.
24. A Reward for the deeds of their past (life).
25. Not frivolity will they hear therein, nor any taint of ill,-
26. Only the saying, “Peace! Peace”.
27. The Companions of the Right Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
28. (They will be) among Lote-trees without thorns,
29. Among Talh trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above another,-
30. In shade long-extended,
31. By water flowing constantly,
32. And fruit in abundance.
33. Whose season is not limited, nor (supply) forbidden,
34. And on Thrones (of Dignity), raised high.
35. We have created (their Companions) of special creation.
36. And made them virgin – pure (and undefiled), –
37. Beloved (by nature), equal in age,-
38. For the Companions of the Right Hand.
39. A (goodly) number from those of old,
40. And a (goodly) number from those of later times.
41. The Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?
42. (They will be) in the midst of a Fierce Blast of Fire and in Boiling Water,
43. And in the shades of Black Smoke:
44. Nothing (will there be) to refresh, nor to please:
45. For that they were wont to be indulged, before that, in wealth (and luxury),
46. And persisted obstinately in wickedness supreme!
47. And they used to say, “What! when we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be raised up again?-
48. “(We) and our fathers of old?”
49. Say: “Yea, those of old and those of later times,
50. “All will certainly be gathered together for the meeting appointed for a Day well-known.
51. “Then will ye truly,- O ye that go wrong, and treat (Truth) as Falsehood!-
52. “Ye will surely taste of the Tree of Zaqqum.
53. “Then will ye fill your insides therewith,
54. “And drink Boiling Water on top of it:
55. “Indeed ye shall drink like diseased camels raging with thirst!”
56. Such will be their entertainment on the Day of Requital!
57. It is We Who have created you: why will ye not witness the Truth?
58. Do ye then see?- The (human Seed) that ye throw out,-
59. Is it ye who create it, or are We the Creators?
60. We have decreed Death to be your common lot, and We are not to be frustrated
61. from changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (forms) that ye know not.
62. And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why then do ye not celebrate His praises?
63. See ye the seed that ye sow in the ground?
64. Is it ye that cause it to grow, or are We the Cause?
65. Were it Our Will, We could crumble it to dry powder, and ye would be left in wonderment,
66. (Saying), “We are indeed left with debts (for nothing):
67. “Indeed are we shut out (of the fruits of our labour)”
68. See ye the water which ye drink?
69. Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?
70. Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?
71. See ye the Fire which ye kindle?
72. Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?
73. We have made it a memorial (of Our handiwork), and an article of comfort and convenience for the denizens of deserts.
74. Then celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme!
75. Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the Stars,-
76. And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew,-
77. That this is indeed a qur’an Most Honourable,
78. In Book well-guarded,
79. Which none shall touch but those who are clean:
80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.
81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?
82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?
83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-
84. And ye the while (sit) looking on,-
85. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-
86. Then why do ye not,- If you are exempt from (future) account,-
87. Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?
88. Thus, then, if he be of those Nearest to Allah,
89. (There is for him) Rest and Satisfaction, and a Garden of Delights.
90. And if he be of the Companions of the Right Hand,
91. (For him is the salutation), “Peace be unto thee”, from the Companions of the Right Hand.
92. And if he be of those who treat (Truth) as Falsehood, who go wrong,
93. For him is Entertainment with Boiling Water.
94. And burning in Hell-Fire.
95. Verily, this is the Very Truth and Certainly.
96. So celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme.